It's technically my "rest day" which I still have to learn. For some reason, my mind tells me to get moving and exercise while my body sometimes tells me to take the designated day to truly sit back and relax. I must admit, I rarely skip a day of exercise... I think its just my way of de-stressing and clearing my mind. But yes -- I understand our bodies need a break, too!
Today was a mini break. Started with about 15 minutes of Turbo Fire; then a few calisthenics... (Tomorrow starts another week of my favorite P90X)
We got ready for church, but my husband got called to do an acute MI in the hospital. So, off he went... Wish he could have taken the day off... But its okay, he gets to help save a life, right?!
Made him a berry protein shake and realized I was going to be late for church, but something inside me was also telling me to go online and attend Saddleback's online service. This is what I did and I am glad I followed my inner voice.
Then -- chores... laundry (and more laundry, it just seems like a train of dirty laundry keeps coming -- no complaints, just thankful I have stuff to launder), cleaning and then one of my favorites, grocery shopping!
I planned our dinners for the week, mainly for my husband because I am now on a diet as recommended by my very patient nutritionist -- vegetable soup, chicken soup, home made pizza and black bean soup. As you can tell, my husband LOVES soup! We make them heart healthy (i.e. sauteed in broth instead of oil and mostly vegetables with extra lean meat when he requests).
Bought the groceries, had my next meal and now as I blog I am cooking my meals for the week -- sweet potato, boiling some eggs and so glad I already have chicken made! Yay!
Its only 1615 and I have the rest of the afternoon and evening to do whatever I would like... Hmm... Maybe more laundry! :)
Hope you are having a fun and healthy Sunday with your loved ones!
p.s. Sharing pictures taken this weekend!
My new favorite clean vegetable snack (cukes + *Yummy* salad dressing made with red wine vinegar, mustard and truvia)
Play-offs home game - WE WON!! YAY!
My "CHURCH" outfit I wore at the Clipper game... Needless to say, my hubby teased me about it and truly, I definitely looked like I was going to church. Hmm... Oh well!
Before the game started -- the best pre-game show so far (I think they ought to plan something new -- something more dramatic than the Lakers' pre-game show!)
Bruce & I at the game with our free Clippers shirts (I put this on and I looked like I was about to go to bed. Haha)
Watching the post-game show with my husband (not in the picture) and my uber lovable companion, our doggie, Pebbles (I think she is so cute especially when she has her tongue out while she sleeps)
Today's breakfast (a bit late... Sort of brunch, but I was not in the mood to eat earlier... I wonder why)
Before heading out the door in my favorite bathroom (you can still see the toothbrushes on the side -- why not promote brushing your teeth, too - yah?)
On my way home from the store... What a gorgeous day!






No comments:
Post a Comment