How many times can you think of a time when you did not want someone to take a picture of yourself at a certain angle? Or times when you insist your friend deletes a picture because you look "fat"? If not that, delete and retake?
I can think of many times when I did all three! I call it "F.P.A. = Fat Picture Anxiety."
After being part of a weight loss / getting fit together challenge in January I almost wished I did not have FPA throughout the years. If I just owned up to what reality was, loved and accepted myself in whatever size, shape or form I was; then I would have a bigger smile on my face today. Why? Because I would have a better picture of how far I've come.
I remember being 170 pounds (granted I do have a FEW pictures to prove it) and feeling extremely self conscious of myself. The smile on my face was almost forced because I did not know what to expect when it was time to look at the picture(s). Whenever I saw a fat person, I remember not being able to believe my eyes.
Looking back, I should have kept them. I should have changed my perspective and used it to motivate me to do better with my intake and become more diligent with my shimmying (a.k.a. Exercise).
Today at 142 lbs, I could have used those pictures in a positive way. No regrets here. Just improvements I can work on. For one, I will take more pictures to document not only memories of travel or laughter with friends and family, but my progress towards a healthier me.
I should say, I had to take the plunge in January and take awful pictures in my "sexy" outfit (of course, sarcastically speaking). I was horrified!!!
However, those pictures helped motivate me to do what I can to look and feel better. Result? 4 lbs down after challenge 1.
p.s. will post pictures when I get a hold of my computer
No comments:
Post a Comment