Saturday, April 28, 2012

Big Dreams? No Sweat! Read on...

My morning started a bit rough.

A blessing, nonetheless... As it allowed me to be at the right place at the right time.

Now to shake off the paradise paralysis that tried to take over...

Off for a run while tuning in to my favorite podcast by Charles Stanley (www.intouch.org)...

Today's topic "The Thrill of Trusting God"

... A few steps in and I am thinking of all these goals and dreams I have...
Charles Stanley talked about David and Goliath...
How others were focused on Goliath's size, armor and strength
While David focused on God's power 
Looking at the giant that Goliath was and seeing him a dead man, defeated...
David's faith in the Lord -- knowing he was strong enough to conquer this beast... because of God, he was able to do just that...

Wow.

Hearing that story made me reflect on my life --- the triumphs had, the challenges I face and the dreams I have...
Oftentimes, they seem so BIG! So daunting!
Can seem so overwhelming...

Listening to this today, woke me up to the truth that 

Yes, life goes on with its ups and downs...
Yes, I have BIG dreams and ambitions...
But through it all, I should NOT WORRY and rest my heart in knowing that...
Even with ALL of life's challenges, struggles and seemingly unattainable dreams...
Nothing can ever compare to the God I serve...
HE IS BIGGER THAN ALL OF THAT PUT TOGETHER!

Again... Wow...

Now, tying this into my blog --- As cheezee (I know, I love using this adjective!) as it may sound, it made me think of why I am not just passionate about getting fit and healthy... But also about helping others defeat their food addictions that can lead them to depression, self pity, hopelessness, unhappiness, etc...

And I realized that because I know how it feels to be in that state! During those times of being unhealthy -- having bad habits (of reaching for the cookie jar too many times), I experienced all those negative emotions that I know are not God's plan for my life.

He made us to love and enjoy the lives He has blessed us with. 

Changing my life one step at a time towards a healthier me has allowed me to see life in a different light... I am a happier person and definitely more positive. I am confident the Lord is glad I made those changes...

I want to help others who are in that same place I was once in... So that we can FULLY enjoy God's blessings in our lives!

p.s. If that is YOU, email me... I'd love to help you in your fitness journey!

This is where I was running this afternoon as I listened to the podcast while reflecting on my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment