Monday, April 16, 2012

There are Challenges

These past few days I've been trying to psych myself into my transition to a healthier lifestyle --- following my nutritionist's diet plan alongside my commitment to finish P90X.

So far, I've been doing pretty well with my clean meals. Its really not bad at all! What I've found through my experiences so far is that when you make healthy choices -- it becomes part of you... Almost like a habit! Which truly, I'm very happy about.

The challenge is that you will often times bump into others who do not understand your new lifestyle and way of eating. You will hear gripes and comments, but don't let that stop you or discourage you. In fact, let that be your fuel to keep going and eventually when they see the changes -- they will almost certainly ask you how you did it!

This weekend, my friends from church and I met because one of our good friends (our small group leader) Ash is leaving to move back to her home town. We met at a cafe in Costa Mesa.

Granted, their menu seemed healthier than their competitors' I still requested for a few changes in my meal. Pesto cream sauce on the side (so I can assess), no oil, no butter... This was not taken very well by the server and the manager.

Pretty disappointing given that the cafe is a bit of an upscale place to go to. They did not seem very happy about my request especially with the oil/ butter. In fact the waiter asked me, "Are you allergic to them?" My thought was, "REALLY? I am the customer and I have the right to ask for what I want, regardless of my reasons..." But oh well -- I let it go..

The manager then came over to tell me that "The cream sauce is not even enough to put on the side; therefore, they will just leave it out." He said that with a sour face (Really?!) So, I said okay -- I did not want to ruin the afternoon and just enjoyed it with my friends -- after all, I've been SO BLESSED with their friendship (not to mention supporting me with my new goals/ endeavors)!

One thing is for sure though... I am not going back to that place and yes -- rest assure I am not giving them the thumbs up just in case someone asks...


No comments:

Post a Comment