Paradise paralysis was beginning to set in...
Knowing it was not good to succumb to my mind telling me to do nothing, I decided to fulfill one of my duties as a Beachbody coach and started posting (part of my morning routine)...
I posted a May Challenge in my "Toss the Sugar" team... Done.
Then, I headed to my "Nurses Making P90X Happen" group and my "Slim & Shake" group to post their morning dose of motivation...
While doing this, I was telling myself, "Katrina, suck it up and get moving!!!" I asked them to do the same... To virtually 'yell' at me to get my blood pumping.
They did. My aunt who happens to be part of the challenge told me to "Get your bum bum moving!" Love her (love them all!) as she is such an inspiration (actually, they all are)! So did one of my HS besties!
Thank God, I decided to M O V E!
One mile into my run, my dear husband called... "Where are you?" he asked...
As I looked to my left, I saw him. I waved at him and said, "Look to your right."
"I need some steri strips..." he informed me. Apparently, someone's fin hit him while he was surfing; thus, his left knee wound.
I went to our favorite ABC Store and got some gauze, tape, peroxide and band aids.
About to head back, I saw the two angels who helped my husband and informed me that he lost quite a bit of blood told me that my Bruce decided to walk back with his bag and his surfboard...
I ran to catch up and I did...
Thank you Lord, he was okay...
We dressed his wound and he was fine.
I just hope it heals well and that it will not keep him from enjoying the warm weather and the long waves he was looking forward to...
By then, it was 1200 --- time for the rest of my run...
Aloha
No comments:
Post a Comment